The original Slavík Choir was established in 1874. It was named after a violinist Josef Slavík. The choir thrived and performed with only a few breaks until WWII. The new Slavík Choir started its singing journey in 1972 as a female choir. In 1973 it developed into a mixed choir, at concerts then presenting as separate male and female choirs.